A Móra Ferenc Múzeum Évkönyve: Studia Historiae Literarum et Artium, 2. (Szeged, 1999)

T. Kotnik Márta: A Szegedi Híradó szerkesztőségei, kiadóhivatalai és nyomdái (1859–1925)

Redactions of the Szeged Herald, its publishers and presses Márta T. Knotik Journalism in Szeged has had a long tradition. The first issue of the first daily of the city that was published for a longer period of time was issued on May 1, 1859. The redactions of the paper, its publishers and presses often changed their headquarters. The author follows their moving from one place to another mainly on the basis of the changes in the header and the imprint, complemented later on with the news appearing in the public notices section. The author also uses related material found in Somogyi Library, the Archive, and the Museum. The dates of changes in locations correspond to the time indicated on the header. Each location is documented along with the exact header texts in which the serial numbers of the houses of various city districts before the Great Flood in 1879 are denoted by an asterisk and their location is identified using the present street numbering. Then a brief description of the history of the buildings is provided, followed by news concerning the circumstances of moving. The overview makes clear when and where the redaction of the Szeged Herald moved, altogether on 22 occasions, while the publishers moved 7 times and the press moved 5 times. Orientation is facilitated by the black dots inserted in portions of the map of 1879 where the buildings used to be. 85

Next

/
Thumbnails
Contents